Table of Contents
Donkey kick pose
Incorporating the Donkey kick pose into your exercise routine can provide many benefits for overall health and fitness. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned yogi looking to add some variety to your practice, the Donkey kick pose is the best asana we have provided below in the Donkey kick pose in Marathi.
Trainers began incorporating this exercise into human workouts, especially for lower body strengthening and toning. Today, you can find variations of the donkey kick pose in many fitness routines, such as Pilates, barre, and boot camp-style classes.
What is the Donkey kick pose?
The donkey kick pose is a popular yoga pose that has been gaining popularity in recent years. The donkey kick pose is also called “Chatushpad Leg Lift” Asana in Marathi. The name “Donkey kick pose” is derived from the way a donkey imitates kicking on its hind legs so it is called “Chatushpad Leg Lift” Asana.
How to do Donkey kick pose?
The donkey kick pose is a yoga pose that targets your glutes, hamstrings, and lower back muscles. So let’s learn the correct method of doing ‘Quadupada Leg Lift Asana’ in Donkey kick pose in Marathi as follows
- To perform this pose, first lie on the yoga mat in Table Top Pose.
- Start on all fours with your wrists under your shoulders and knees under your hips.
- Keep your spine in a neutral position and avoid arching your back or lifting your head too high.
- Then bend at 90 degrees and lift one leg off the ground.
- Engage your core by pulling your belly button or bib toward your back.
- Keep your arms straight (don’t bend them in).
- Slowly raise the lifted leg toward the ceiling until it is parallel to your back.
- Remember to keep your shoulders back, neck long, and spine relaxed throughout the movement, neutral without excessive arching or rounding.
- Hold for a few breaths and return to the starting position before returning the legs to the starting position.
- Repeat the same action on the other side.
- Do 6-8 repetitions on both sides or as desired.
You can also add ankle weights or resistance bands to intensify this exercise and make it more challenging.
Benefits of Donkey Kick Pose:
The donkey kick pose is a yoga pose that has many benefits for the body. Let’s take for example the various benefits of doing the ‘Quadruped Leg Lift’ asana in a Donkey kick pose.
♦ One of its primary benefits is that it helps strengthen and tone the glutes, hips, and thighs. This pose can help improve posture by engaging the core muscles and lengthening the spine.
♦ Donkey kick pose can also have mental health benefits. By deep breathing, while holding this mudra, individuals can feel a sense of calmness and relaxation.
♦ Donkey kick pose can also help increase focus and concentration as it requires both balance and stability.
♦ Overall, incorporating the Donkey kick pose into a regular yoga practice can lead to increased strength, better posture, improved mental clarity, and a greater sense of well-being.
Finally, the Donkey kick pose is an excellent exercise to include in your workout routine. Not only does it target the glutes and hamstrings, it also engages the core for added stability.
Remember, variation is key when it comes to working out, so don’t rely entirely on this one exercise to strengthen your glutes and hamstrings. Incorporate other exercises such as lunges or squats to keep challenging yourself and promote muscle growth. Overall, with dedication and consistency, you can achieve a strong and toned lower body with exercises like the Donkey kick pose in combination with other targeted moves.
Before practicing any asana it is necessary to know its correct method otherwise you will not get the full benefit of the asana.