Sarvangasana or Shoulder stand in yoga, is a powerful and popular yoga pose that offers many benefits. It involves inverting the body while supporting it with both shoulders and arms. This posture stimulates the thyroid gland and enhances circulation throughout the body. By practicing Sarvangasana regularly, practitioners can gain strength, flexibility, and balance as well as improve their overall health.
Shoulder stand in yoga is a popular yoga pose that is beneficial for the entire body. It focuses on the neck and shoulders but also works on the upper back, core, and legs. The benefits of this pose include improved circulation throughout the body and reduce pressure on the neck.
This pose also helps to strengthen the core muscles as well as stimulate digestion. Practicing shoulder stand in yoga can help provide many physical, mental, and emotional health benefits.
What is the shoulder stand pose?
This is also called “Salamba Sarvangasana” in Sanskrit, and “Shoulder stand pose” or candle pose in English. This asana is divided into Shoulder means “shoulders”, stand means “standing” (standing on the shoulders), and pose means “seat”.
Steps to do a shoulder stand pose
Salamba Sarvangasana is an invigorating yoga pose that stretches and strengthens the body. Combined with challenging arm strength and core stability, this pose can be intimidating for beginners. However, with proper technique and enough practice, anyone can improve their shoulder stand skills.
- To perform shoulder stand safely and effectively, first start by lying on your back on the mat with your legs spread out in front of you.
- Take a deep breath and try to lift both legs off the floor at the same time and bring them towards your chest.
- Balancing on the shoulders and upper back, their feet are pointed straight up towards the ceiling.
- Use your hands to support the weight of your legs.
- If necessary for balance, press both palms firmly into the floor directly below the shoulders.
- Hold the pose for 5-10 seconds before gently returning to the mat.
- Keep breathing deeply while in this position.
- To get into the starting position, first gently lower the legs to the floor by pressing on the hands and keeping the legs loose.
- Straighten your arms and relax in Shavasana posture for 1 minute.
- Repeat this posture again and again.
There are several variations of the shoulder stand pose, each a little more advanced than the last.
Benefits of doing Shoulder Stand Pose / Sarvangasana
The shoulder stand pose is a powerful and beneficial yoga asana that offers many health benefits. This pose requires the practitioner to lift their body off the ground, Benefits of Shoulder stand:
♦ Practicing this asana helps improve balance and flexibility,
♦ Strengthens shoulder muscles,
♦ Tense muscles in the neck and arms relax,
♦ Blood circulation improves due to increased pressure on different parts of the abdominal cavity. Improves digestion by stimulating the abdominal organs and their associated nerves.
♦ Stimulates the thyroid gland and reduces stress levels.
♦ It also tones the abdominal organs like kidneys and intestines which helps improve overall health for long-term benefits. Benefits of Shoulder Stand:
♦ Increases blood flow to the thyroid and heart, which can increase metabolism.
♦ Reduces stress levels by calming your mind and stimulating your parasympathetic system.
Precautions to be taken while doing Shoulder Stand Pose
It is a powerful yoga pose with numerous health benefits. It invigorates the body and mind. When trying this pose for the first time, it is important to start with a gentle version of the shoulder stands pose that helps warm up your body before attempting a more advanced version. However, before doing Shoulder Stand Pose, it is important to take a few precautions to ensure you have a pleasant experience while avoiding injury.
- It is important to remember to warm up before attempting any challenging poses.
- When practicing more challenging variations of the pose, use props like blocks or blankets to support your neck and back.
- Additionally, avoid overextending yourself during practice. If you start to feel pain in your neck or shoulders, you should stop and rest.
- Practice good alignment throughout the length of your spine so you can get the full benefit of every movement in this asana.
In conclusion, Sarvangasana, or the Shoulder Stand Pose has many amazing benefits that can help improve your physical, mental, and emotional well-being. It’s a great way to increase energy, reduce stress and anxiety, and even aid in weight loss.
This pose is also beneficial for your back and neck, as it helps strengthen the muscles in those areas. With regular practice, you can experience all the wonderful benefits of this pose. So take some time out of your day to give it a try!
हिंदी में जानने के लिए विजिट करें – theyogabhyas.com