Sukhasana is the easiest asana of all yogasanas. Yogasadhakas sit in Sukhasana for meditation, and this was the posture of the ancient sages and sages. So while meditating, they probably sit in this seat.
Sukhasana (Pronounced Soo-kah-sah-nah) is a seated pose that is said to be the most beneficial for the body and mind. To do sukhasana, first sit in a comfortable position in Zen-style seiza (a cross-legged position with the heels close to the buttocks). Place the palms on your thighs with the fingers pointing outwards, and press down into the hands to create a supportive bridge for your back.
What is Sukhasana?
Everything is contained in the name of Sukhasana. Sukhasana is formed from the combination of the two words “Sukh” and “Asan”. Happiness is pleasure or relaxation and asana means sitting position.
Sukhasana is one of the simplest asanas in Hatha Yoga. Sukhasana is called easy pose in English. Yoga practitioners of any age can do this asana very easily.
Regular practice of Sukhasana is extremely beneficial for the brain and body. Here are some suggestions on how to look or get an appointment for antique items
The right way to do Sukhasana
- Sit on the yoga mat first while doing Sukhasana. Keep your spine straight, keep your neck straight, and spread your legs in front of you.
- Then bend both legs and sit on your thighs. Sit in a position where the knees are facing outwards.
- Notice if you are sitting comfortably. Try to keep your knees on the ground. When you sit on your thighs, a triangle shape will be formed in your abdomen and legs.
- After sitting on the thighs, the spine should be stiff, the shoulders should be stretched.
- Maintain balance between the spine and the spine.
- You can sit in this sitting position for as long as you want until your body feels relaxed.
- After stopping in this sitting position, come back to the previous position and return to this seat with thighs with the other foot, or when doing this asana, sometimes with the right foot and sometimes with the left foot thigh.
Benefits of Sukhasana
♦ Regular practice of Sukhasana maintains a balance between brain and body.
♦ Doing this asana helps to stimulate the chakras and kundalini.
♦ Regular Sukhasana helps in stretching the chest and cholera bones and makes them flexible and strong.
♦ Regular Sukhasana strengthens the muscles of the spine, knees, and legs.
♦ Regular practice of this asana helps in getting relief from ailments like depression and psychosis.
♦ The mind stays calm and the body stays fresh.
Care to be taken while doing Sukhasana
- The stomach should be cleansed before doing Sukhasana.
- Sukhasana should be done preferably in the morning.
- Sukhasana is not to be done on an empty stomach, but if you want to do another yoga before doing Sukhasana,
- you should not eat anything for 4-5 hours before Yogasana.
If you are looking for a way to increase your fitness, you can consider doing Sukhasana. Properly covered, it will withstand a lot of adverse conditions. The next time you are in class, look at this seat and ask your instructor if you can try.
Friends, you have seen the importance of Sukhasana in your life as above, in this article, we have looked at the proper method, benefits, and care for doing Sukhasana. Let’s improve our physical and mental health by using the right method of yoga.
Before practicing any asana, it is necessary to know its proper method, otherwise you will not get the full benefit of the asana.