Virabhadrasana is one of the most challenging poses in yoga. It is a standing forward fold with arms stretched out straight in front of you and feet together. The pose stretches the spine, shoulders, chest, and abdominal muscles.
Yogasanas have been promoted and disseminated in India for many years. The art of yoga was first developed in India. In the past, great yogis, and great yogi men, created yoga based on nature, characters in religious stories as well as various things in creation. Great yogi men have played a significant role in this.
One such seat is Virabhadrasana. This seat is described in Hindu mythology. The gatekeeper of Mount Kailash of Lord Shiva first appeared on the ground in this form and was named Virabhadrasana.
In the past, this seat was often used for preparing for war or training children. Doing this asana gives strength to the body, so this asana was practiced in war.
What is Virbhadrasana?
The name Virbhadrasan itself contains a lot. Vir – warrior, Bhadra – white, asana – position. Virabhadrasana is also called the seat of the warrior.
Virabhadrasana itself is called warrior pose in English. Let us know Virbhadrasana (Virabhadrasana in Marathi) and its benefits as follows →
The right way to do Virabhadrasana
- First, stand on a yoga mat in a tadasana (mountain pose).
- Let both feet be 3-4 feet apart.
- Turn the right leg 90 degrees outwards, and the left leg 15 degrees.
- Is the heel of the right foot in the center of the left foot? Pay attention to this.
- Lift both hands and bring them straight up to shoulder level. Make sure that both hands are parallel to the ground.
- Bend the right leg slightly at the knee and try to dry the mind on the right.
- Try to stretch your arms even higher. (Stress as much as possible)
- Try to push the waist upwards and downwards.
- This seat should be stable for some time. There should be a happy expression on the face. Continue breathing.
- Exhale, bring both hands down, and return to normal.
- In the same way, practice the asana on the left side.
Types of yoga – Easy To Understand
Benefits of doing Virabhadrasana
♦ The body stays balanced and has the ability to work.
♦ Hands, legs, and spine get flexibility and they become more efficient.
♦ It is a very useful posture to reduce stress in a short period of time.
♦ This seat is very useful for those who are always sitting and working.
♦ Helps to build strength as well as confidence.
♦ Makes heels, hips, knees flexible.
Care to be taken while doing Virabhadrasana
- If there is any problem in the knee or spine, it should be done with the advice of the instructor while doing the asana.
- Consult a doctor while doing asanas if you have recently had a long illness.
- You can do this asana during pregnancy, if you do this asana in the second or third trimester, you will see many benefits, but you should do this asana while leaning against the wall. And you must consult a doctor while sitting.
- If you suffer from arthritis or diarrhea, do not do asanas.
Friends, you have seen the importance of Virbhadrasana in your life as above, in this article, we have seen the proper method, benefits, and care of doing Virabhadrasana in Virabhadrasana (Virabhadrasana in Marathi) as above. Let’s improve our physical and mental health by using the right method of yoga.
If you are looking for a way to increase your fitness, you can consider doing Sukhasana. Properly covered, it will withstand a lot of adverse conditions. The next time you are in class, look at this seat and ask your instructor if you can try.
Before practicing any asana, it is necessary to know its proper method, otherwise you will not get the full benefit of the asana.